Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Cinema 4D Scenes

Expanding on from a tutorial I found that uses the hair tool in Cinema 4D to make blocky scenes I realise one of my favourite things about it is it seems much easier and fluid to produce visually impressive pieces in comparison to what I have found using Maya and other software.

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Images and Idents - More Cinema 4D Experiments

Some more pieces made in Cinema 4D. Now I understand how the MoGraph elements and other tools work it is fun experimenting and seeing how I can make them interact with each other.

Saturday, 6 September 2014

More Cinema 4D Experiments

A few animated sequences made in Cinema 4D using a combination of different effectors as well and cloners and metaballs.

Thursday, 4 September 2014

More Cinema 4D

Experimenting with the 'Displacer' Deformer, 'Cloner' tools and Depth of Field in Cinema 4D with a bit of post production in After Effects. Think it looks pretty funky with kind of medical simulation look to it.

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Jumping Into Cinema 4D

Having seen a few pieces made using it and watched a few tutorials I decided to dip my toe into Cinema 4D and found I instantly love it. In comparison to other software I have used I find it rewarding much quicker with simple effects or modifiers having a huge impact and producing something visually interesting within a short space of time.

Here's just a couple of simple images I made using the 'Explosion FX' deformer and messing with transparent textures:

And here's something else experimenting with the 'Emitter' and 'Rigid Body/ Collider' objects.

Monday, 30 June 2014

New Designers = New Showreel

In preparation for attending the New Designers exhibition next week I've re-edited my showreel, adding in some new scenes including my latest short animation I made following a blocked to spline process and a new flashy introduction.

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Flashy Timing

For most of my projects I always try and work out a way of effectively planning timing and posing of a sequence. With my limited drawing abilities the poses are normally a very rough concept that is then reinforced using reference. To try and produce a better idea of how actions are going to work with key poses on exact frames, I've used my rough sketches and then pulled them into Adobe Flash, sequencing them with an approximation of the frame numbers. Doing this means I can test different timings for actions and its relatively quick to add and alter in flash.

The next thing I want to work on is producing stronger pose drawings that I can incorporate into this and use as better reference for when I jump into Maya.